Hi,

> So there will be a pool of addresses that the RIR's can allocate out of for
> EIDs?  If that's the case, what is the additional value to an ISP who would
> conceivably have to pay the RIR for another block of V6 addresses
> specifically for use as EIDs, when most likely they are already paying for a
> block that can be used for either purpose?

Good point.

I am currently using my whole /32 allocation from RIPE NCC as EID space. I run
multiple PxTRs in an BGP based anycast setup to route to/from the non-LISP
internet. What would be the use of requesting another prefix? I would have to
put it in the global routing table to route traffic for it (unless other people
start running PITRs for the whole /12, but then we get the 3rd party relay
dependencies we know so well from 6to4...)

(PS: my PxTRs do map-requests for anything in ::/0 using DDT, so everything in
DDT is already sent to a locator if possible, and they forward traffic natively
otherwise)

Met vriendelijke groet,
Sander Steffann