I went to Adelaide. it was my first IETF. I am now an IETF
regular-irregular, of 10+ years standing. So, proof by example, it
increased Australian participation by at least 1.

In fact, I think by scale, Australians punch above their weight. Especially
if you include americans who live in Australia, Australians who live in the
mainland of the USA.

I think IETF going to Adelaide had net positive effects on Australian
participation. Small. but real.

-G