On Aug 5, 2013, at 5:26 AM, SM <s...@resistor.net> wrote:

> At 13:10 04-08-2013, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
>> You have the agenda and drafts 2 weeks in advance.  The slides aren't
>> normative.  Even
>
> I do not have the agenda two weeks in advance.

Huh.  Sounds like a WG Chair problem.  I believe draft agendas are due 2 weeks
in advance, and final agendas due 1 week in advance.  Or at least that was the
excuse I was given when I've been denied requests to add stuff to WG agendas on
previous occasions - the Chairs told me I was asking too late. (as they should
have)

> What is the meaning of "normative" in the above?

I was trying to be cute by using the term from our drafts/RFCs, as in normative
references vs. informative, or the document's RFC2119-type text is normative
while examples are informative.  I meant the slides are just helpful guides,
like pictorial examples, vs. the draft itself which is the real proposal.  I
guess the joke flopped. :(

> Some of the Jabber scribes are not able to tell me who are at the microphone
> when I ask them.  If it was my decision to make (and it is not), the Jabber
> scribe would be allowed to comment at the microphone even after the
> microphone line is capped.  A person can always argue that it is an arbitrary
> decision.  :-)

Again, this sounds like a WG Chair problem.  If you find that happening, send a
private email to that working group's Chair(s) reminding them of the jabber
folks.  And if they ignore you, then send a private email to the Area
Director(s).  WG Chairs and ADs are generally decent human beings, at least in
private.  ;)

> As an off-topic comment, it's not because the Meetecho people are nice that
> one should expect them to act as Jabber scribes.

I don't expect Meetecho people to jabber scribe.  I expect other folks in the
room to volunteer.  It's a heck of a lot easier/better than being the minute
taker.  That's why I volunteer for being a scribe - to avoid being a minute
taker. :)

-hadriel