Hola Arturo,
At 07:34 19-08-2013, Arturo Servin wrote:
Academic might work. "Open source" not so much as other mentioned. Does
"Big Corporation" doing Open Source apply?

I was tempted to propose "non-profit", but also there are organizations
with large budgets. And profit driven ones with not much money.

"Open source" is difficult. As people pointed out "open source" does not necessarily mean free. "open source" does not necessarily mean "non-profit". I used the term loosely. If hypothetically speaking, there was formal action, a clearer term might be needed.

Irrespective of my views, "big corporation" is what helps the IETF operate. If "big corporation" doing open source applies it will become a problem for the IETF. The main issue is why should the IETF subsidize a particular group. It can also be argued that it is not fair to subsidize a particular group.

Regards,
-sm