On 8/23/2013 11:06 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
We don't have to be like the ones we all know who sneer at anyone
presuming to get in the way of their code going into production.

Since this is such a fundamental point, I'm sending this reply to emphasize:

   The concern I expressed had nothing at all to do with this.

What prompted my note that in turn prompted Pete's was a form of counter-productive LC behavior that I consider to be abusive and since it was from a highly experienced participant, inexcusable.

Serious questions and suggestions from serious reviewers/critics are /essential/ to IETF quality assurance and I have as little patience for the sneering you describe as anyone else.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking