Chiming in a bit late here, however, the availability of stratum 1 clocks
and stratum 2 class time data on non IP and/or non interconnected networks
is now so large, I question why one would run NTP outside of the building
in many cases, certainly in an enterprise of any size.

A 1pulse per second aligned to GPS is good to a few ns. Fairly
straightforward to plug into even a OpenWrt type of router. Turn on the pps
in NTP on the router and you are good to go.