Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thanks Anatoly for his file and everybody for
useful comments. I have analysed Anatoly's data and I have obtained a good value
for S02 = 0.85 or 0.82 (depending on the number of variables used). So, my data
is the problem, and it is not my analysis, but maybe my measurements need a more
accurate analysis with Athena as Scott suggested.
I was not at synchrotron measuring platinum samples and I only know that are
measured in fluorescent mode. As Bruce said, I have no beamtime now for more
measurements.

I have more questions, related and not related to the last subject, but I am
still thinking about them:
The first one is easy, it is about the Nyquist theorem. I read in a paper that
the formula is 2·deltak·deltaR/pi + 2. The last "+2" is new for me and I am
afraid that Artemis does not consider it. I am sure that it is a silly thing.
I will try to correct again Ptfoil considering self-absorption in order to
obtain a spectrum similar to Anatoly's or Bruce's one. And then, I will apply
the same correction for supported platinum catalysts, right?
I also observed that Anatoly's Pt foil shows good signal even for large k (20
A-1). Nevertheless, obviously platinum catalysts spectra possess lower signal
and specially for high values of k where the noise is big. The question is,
despite Pt foil has a good signal until 20 A-1, it is usually used a smaller
k-range (i.e. 3-12 A-1), right? I normally use a k-range of 3-12.

And finally, how to calculate bond distances from Reff and deltaR?

Thank you very much

Best regards,
JA

begin:vcard
n:Maciá Agulló;Juan Antonio
tel;fax:0034-965903454
tel;work:0034-965909350
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Alicante;Department of Inorganic Chemistry
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Ph. D. Student
fn:Juan Antonio Maciá Agulló