Hi Alex,

you could also try beamline I511-3 at MAX-lab, Sweden. I did some Al K-edge XAS in fluorescence yield there but TEY is also possible for conducting samples. The sample was simply glued to the sample holder with carbon tape. Since the Al K-edge energy is close to the upper limit of the beamline, good EXAFS measurements would probably take some time, though.

Cheers,
Annette

On 2011-10-11 16:47, Kompch, Alexander wrote:
Dear all,

for the analysis of the location of the Al-dopant in ZnO, I am looking for
suitable EXAFS beamlines. Dopant concentrations are 1-10%. So far I have only
found ALS 6.3.1 and NSLS X15B.
Can anybody recommend beamlines for Al EXAFS?

My EXAFS experience is so far limited to the high energy range with signal
detection in transmission (ionization chambers) and fluorescence (multi-element
Ge-detectors). At such low energies as 1.5 keV for Al-K, the sample needs to be
in vacuum, transmission will not work and Ge detectors probably the same. Does
anybody have experience with Al-EXAFS, and can share a little about setup and
what other complications to expect?

Thank you,
Alex.

Annette Pietzsch                           phone:   +46-46-2228144
MAX-lab                                    mobile:  +46-709-323673
Lund University                            fax:     +46-46-2224710

Visiting Address:                                 Ole Römers väg 1
                                            SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden

Postal/Delivery Address:                                   Box 118
                                            SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden

Invoice Address:                                           Box 188
                                            SE-221 00 LUND, Sweden

VAT#:                                            SE 2021 0032 1101