Hi,

As most of you are aware, Novell Forge project hosting will be discontinued
from this December. This means that we need to find a new home for simias and
iFolder project.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities
 link has a very good comparison of major source hosting facilities. We would
need your opinion on the same.

Now that we are migrating to a new home we are even thinking of either to stay
with SVN or move to GIT. I have started a survey and request developers to
please vote.
http://community.ifolder.com/ssf/a/do?p_name=ss_forum&p_action=1&binderId=2458&action=view_folder_entry&entryId=4008
   Let me know if you are not able to access the survey. You need to LOGIN to
community.ifolder.com and then try to Vote.

Current plan is to :

*Migrate all branches from current tree(s).
*Preserve svn history
*Follow the same project structure
*The new server should have the below features
              * Code hosting [ No space limitation such as 1GB...........  ]
             * Web hosting
              * Mailing list
              * Shell access [ Admin / Maintainer ]

We are looking in to few options such as

*Launchpad
*BerliOS
*Gitorious
*Github
*Sourceforge

Please do pitch in your concerns . We can have another poll if required.

ravi