----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Shintani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 1999 20:39
Subject: [IllianaRR] CNIC dispatcher folley

> I was at Bradley when the gates came down for an Amtrak consist moving in
> reverse towards the yard.
>
> Amtrak 391 was sitting at the Champaign depot loading when 392 got the red
> at Hillcrest.  Looks like someone forgot to pull over one of them at a
> siding.  391 ended up backing into the siding to the yard and sat there
> as 392 came by a minute later.

Actually, this can be a staged manuver. They will let 391 work the stationa
dnthen back-up to clear. Then, 392 will work the station and go north and
let 391 proceed. This allows those getting off the opprtunity to get off
without waiting. 392 was probably back far enough to justify this event,
like probably not out of Tolono yet. Perfectly logical on a single track
railroad.

Tuch