"Powell, Eric" wrote:

> Second, I'll defer any discussion about the Con-Mil connection and it's
> ramifications on the PRR in Terre Haute (and Union interlocking) to those
> who know more about it. It was located on the east side of town, and allowed
> trains operating to/from the PRR to access the former NYC mainline at
> Preston.

Eric,
The Con-Mil connection was built to connect Conrail to the Milwaukee
Road at Preston. The Milwaukee had already begun operating it's trains
between Chicago and Terre Haute (Van) on Conrail trackage.

Bill Angus
Chicago, IL

 This is the Illiana Railroad Discussion List.
 For more info visit http://www.railcenter.com/illiana