Hi all,

The veg hotel's chef didn't serve non-veg food. Somebody came with it from
outside and made it a canteen. Now the thing is that, no non vegetarians
should be allowed to enter the hotel, any more. [?]

To be more precise, it was Sun's representative who used M$ products and
that too from his personal laptop. As somebody had pointed out earlier, he
was demonstrating a platform independent web based API. (I was not in the
tech track and so its not a first hand info either.) The same could have
been done with GNU GPL licenced platforms too. as he was a Sun's rep, he
could have used alteast Open Solaris. That does not seems to be a fault of
the organiser.

I attended full time in policy track and there weren't a single instance
where proprietary s/wrs were used. But unfortunately, some speakers tended
to voice against the spirit of freedom and it was then and there questioned.
That is how, we react. If those who tarnish free software activism by
pronouncing such verdicts like, even FS conferencess cannot be conducted
without using proprietery software, why the hell they are using Free
Software stuffs? Go and have your night out with M$.

This is not just about technology. Its about freedom. Freedom from patent
regime. Freedom from closed knowledge. It is not just the freedom to use or
do anything. Its more than that. And absolute freedom has its own
limitations. It begots sacrifices. If you cannot sacrifice proprietery
knowledge, you better don't question who does.

Regards,
Sebin

--
...if I fought with you, if i fell wounded and allowed no one to learn of my
suffering, if I never turned my back to the enemy: Give me your blessing!