Let us not confuse matters. The fact is that, if the FS movement gets
support from political parties, it becomes easier to implement FS ideas
in the government -- migrating government systems to Free Software,
adopting open standards, getting publicly funded work to be made
available under some CC licence, bringing about Open Access in
scientific communications and so on. That is in the interest of the FS
movement. Free Software is about politics, but not about party politics.
FS does not support or oppose any political party as such. We would like
all political parties to support the FS movement, and we are thankful to
those who support. And this is not for our personal or professional
benefit. We believe that this is good for society. So all political
parties that believe that Free Software is good for society should
support the movement. It is good for them too. We believe it is good for
everyone. So we try to convince the parties that they should support FS.
Of course, each one of us will have, and should have, our own politics.
That is a totally different issue.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar