On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Joju Joshua <jojujos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/09, Raru Rv <raru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Actualy i need software like fruityloops...
>> in which we can make different sounds of different instruments and after
>> each instrument is played we can combain,so that a music is made!!!
>> Like that any other software is there for linux?
>
> I was not able to find an effective alternative for fruityloops. All
> the other applications like rosegarden, or timidity etc are music
> arranger applications, but not useful and friendly as Fruityloops.
>
> Since i was more used to using fruityloops, i continued using that.
> Still looking for a good alternative in FOSS.

Since you are coming from music background, why dont you try following
applications and document  pros and cons of some package.
Some of my friends in Music Field says  Ardour+Jack Server+Sound apps
(like lmms, Hydrogen drums etc with needed drum packs)+ downloaded
Creative common licensed scores can do magic

http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=linux_audio_applications

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/start

Some Interesting Howtos are here
http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=manuals_tutorials_and_howto_s