On 11/3/09, Subin <subinsebast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok now its understood. You need to upgrade from ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10
> without using your network connection and need to keep all the
> software you have installed and customisations you made to jaunty. If
> this is correct you need to download the alternate distro named
> ubuntu-9.10-alternate-i386.iso depending on your architecture from
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily/current/karmic-alternate-i386.iso and
> mount the image ( no need to waste a CD )

@subin
But in the page you told above it is told that:

Before You Start

    *You can only directly upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 from Ubuntu 9.04
(see UpgradeNotes).
    * Be sure that you have all updates applied to Ubuntu 9.04 before
you upgrade.
    * Before upgrading it is recommended that you read the release
notes for Ubuntu 9.10, which document caveats and workarounds for
known issues in this version.

Read this line:
    * Be sure that you have all updates applied to Ubuntu 9.04 before
you upgrade.

That is why I am trying to download updates for my system (around
450MB) using another computer first.

Only after that i think i am supposed to use the alternate CD.

am i right ?
Regards,
Srihari K