2009/11/25 aniyathikkutty <bincy...@gmail.com>:
> Agreed with Jeevz :-)
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM, jeevachaithanyan sivanandan
> <jeevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> --:) .. its ok .. i got wat u meant.. same thing happened to start up a
>> malayalam translator.( not transilerator).. but again , who knows some one
>> has a better idea for a new project... We cannot close with   one shot, can
>> we ??
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM, ashik salahudeen <aash...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> :) i was trying to tell you that you are going about it backwards. If
>>> you have an idea, post it - dont talk about "having ideas" :)
>>> Otherwise contribute to existing projects . Many need assistance , not
>>> only in code, but in areas like artwork, localization etc. Instead of
>>> sitting around waiting for ideas to bud and blossom, why not help them
>>> :). Eg: SMC project needs volunteers for localization. You seem to
>>> have skills in Malayalam. Why not contribute to it ?  Your idea of
>>> traffic monitoring system is nice - but is it there because you need
>>> an idea to work on, or is it there because you need to implement it
>>> for some purpose ? I hope its clear. I was not trying to discourage
>>> anyone in anyway, but pointing out things from the past that happened
>>> to similar efforts.
>>> --
>>> aashik

Off-topic: Really fed up with this sort of top-posting. It may be nice

Open Projects:
IMHO, those who wish to start new FOSS projects should really have
experience in FOSS Project Management and  Various tools(Version
Controlling systems, bug tracking systems, mailing list, wiki, etc..)
The best method to gain experience is to participate and contribute in
the current projects(GNOME. KDE, SMC, etc..). Once you gain experience
and have an innovative/novel idea, then you will have sufficient
reason to start a project.

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com