On Tuesday 12 Jan 2010 9:09:59 pm prakreet wrote:

> i hav created an apton cd with the various packages required.. i use
> it for offline installation on systems without an internet connection.
> i hav to burn another cd when new packages are available.. but if i am
> able to mount the cd as nero would mount on windows then i won't need
> to burn cds again and again..

You dont have to fool the system / write it to a CD - to install the packages.
Extract the contents to a folder and do the following :

$cd <path to folder>
$sudo dpkg -i *.deb

This will install all the packages in the folder, or you can customize by
modifying the '*.deb' to the package name

> but if i am able to mount the cd as nero would mount on windows then i won't
need to burn cds again and again..

You can back up every downloaded deb file from /var/cache/apt/archives and copy
to another folder instead of using aptoncd.

PS: I actually didn't understand your problem, hope this would help you.