On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Ershad K <ersha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $cd <path to folder>
> $sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Hey don't do this. In the apt-on cd there may be some unwanted deb
packages. So by complete installing it may crash your entire system.

@ Prakreet
You wanna fool the OS and detect it as a regular cd and it must via
GUI. Do this work.

1. Copy the cd iso to your home folder ( I am assuming its name as
aptoncd.iso. Change as required)
2. Right click the mouse pointer in the desktop and click create launcher.
3. In the name section give an name as your requirement
4. In the command section give "gksu mount -o loop ~/aptoncd.iso
/cdrom/" (remove the " mark.
5. Now open synaptic package manager
6. In Edit tab click on add cdrom.
7. It will probe for inserting a disk in the drive. Just double click
the launcher created. Enter password as required.
8. Press OK in the synaptic pop up. This will copy the details of
applications in the apton cd. After copying it will probe for adding
next cd. Click no.
9. Make another launcher to unmount the cd. Add "gksu umount /cdrom/"
in the command section.

Now while installing, if synaptic asks for cd, just double click the
first launcher

PS: Please tell me if this didn't workout.

Junise Safvan

www.gnuise.co.cc

9746 283 383