I had already responded to a similar request earlier; I have LBP 2900
working at home (PCLinuxOS) with better functionality than in M$! I had
bought this printer for home specifically to use on Linux and it did not
disappoint me the least. Of course there were starting hiccups - like you
noted it did not print - when installed the normal way, one would install a
printer in linux (any flavour for that matter). This is because this printer
requires additional daemons running for the printer to work. Download:

Linux Printer Driver (CAPT)
Ver.2.00E<http://support-in.canon-asia.com/contents/IN/EN/0900772407.html>

from canon.co.in/support and download where you are asked to choose
product category - laser printers
product series - monochrome
product model - LBP 2900
type of document - drivers and software

I believe,  the same driver should work for a variety of LBP printers
including 3000 model. Detailed documentation comes with the driver; simply
follow the instruction and you are on your way

best/harish