On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Rajeev J Sebastian <
rajeev.sebast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM, nishandh M <pro.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "Why differential emphasis of text?" :  (these are known facts, but needs
> > be elaborated, owing to the solid NO-RTF/HTML cry in the posts):
> >
> > When we make a post considering an extended range of readers,(from the
> busy
> > contributors to --especially-- the newbie user) , we may have to expand a
> > lot. A long post is not preferred in Mailing List, and giving some
> emphasis
> > to relevant part of it makes it easier for the busy men.
> >
> > Ways to asssert emphasis to parts of text:
> > make Bold, Italics, connect with underscore, alter colour, give highlight
> > etc
> > Part of these methods add additional 'text tags' or non readable 'format
> > data' to the paragraph. [a paragraph in terms of text renderers is a
> string
> > of letters, which continues until we press 'enter' key.A new paragraph is
> > born when 'enter' is pressed. Here the paragraph is different from its
> > conventional literary sense.'Shift+Enter' is the right way to make a
> > literary paragraph]
>
> Not sure where you learned this, but in most software pressing Enter
> starts a new paragraph, whereas Shift-Enter simply starts a new line.
> For e.g., OOo 3.1.1 has that behaviour. If you turn on "Non-printing
> characters" in the View menu, you can easily see the Pilcrow at the
> end of paragraphs and a Line Feed character at the end of forced line
> breaks.
>

> > Now if some people want to use Stone age software to read the
> communications
> > which exploits possibility of 21st century protocols and compliant
> > softwares, it absolutely OK for them to. [i havent had a single drop of
> 21st
> > century allopathic medicine in my blood stream for some 6 years]
> Everybody
> > has the right to adopt their ways and declare it, but no right to force
> it.
> >

> You have been given some options to do this. You could for e.g., write
> a blog post with all the formatting you want, and post a link here to
> the list. Or you can exploit "21st century" or in fact 20th century
> protocols, and include multipart email messages, with a plain text
> version, an RTF version and an HTML version.

@Rajiv You are saying you never read or retain a comprehension about the
full thread? atleast before answering? Messages which senses the accessing
the module was a suggestion. Let full message remain at mail service
provider, and compliant form be send to the accessing system, whether it is
mobile or browser or CLI.

> As far as you not using modern medical technology, well, you are
> endangering yourself and in some ways, endangering the rest of society
> as well. But you are free to damage your fellow man in any way you
> want.

"But you are free to damage your fellow man" is exactly the expected reply.

> > --------------------------------
> >
> > Consolidation regarding RTF-HTML / Plain text usage:
> >

> > Do not use any formating which adds additional characters to the original
> > text, which gets displayed in the less-able software systems.
> > As far as I know, BOLD and ITALIC adds no additional visible characters
> in
> > such scenarios. These can be used in a positive way. As it consumes time
> and
> > effort to differentiate parts of text, it would be recommended only at
> > special circumsatnces.
> > Like the following: the posts are very long, but cutting it short
> > compromises readability of non-expert user .
> >

> Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If it was to establish
> your identity, then hey, you've done it. Now, we all know who
> "nishandh" is and how much he has contributed to making this a sane
> mailing list, especially his contributions in formalizing something
> we've all known for years.
>
> Thank You!
>
> Regards
> Rajeev J Sebastian

> For details visit the google group page:

      "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
                        Leonardo da Vinci