On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Rajiv Nair <rajivnair...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  - To kill wvidial completely do a "sudo killall -9 wvdial"
>  - To release rfcomm run "sudo rfcomm release /dev/rfcomm1"

That doesnt help too..
Here is more about my problem:
This is how things happen:
wvdial was connected and fine.The mobile gprs connection breaks ,this
leads wvdial to redial.If the phone is not responding properly (GPRS
still not available)wvdial stays at a stand still.I end it using a
Ctrl+C.Now i manually start wvdial again.This time again wvdial stands
still.(Nothing beinf sent out to modem.I try o Ctrl+C but doesn't
work.I try to kill wvdial from other terminals with sudo.I again try
to dial up using wvdial and this happens:

[srih...@trinity ~]$ sudo wvdial aircelgprs
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.61
--> Cannot open /dev/rfcomm1: Device or resource busy
--> Cannot open /dev/rfcomm1: Device or resource busy
--> Cannot open /dev/rfcomm1: Device or resource busy

[srih...@trinity ~]$ sudo rfcomm show all
rfcomm1: 00:24:7D:61:6C:91 channel 1 disconnecting [tty-attached]
rfcomm2: 00:24:7D:61:6C:91 channel 3 clean

[srih...@trinity ~]$ sudo rfcomm release /dev/rfcomm1

[srih...@trinity ~]$ sudo rfcomm show all
rfcomm2: 00:24:7D:61:6C:91 channel 3 clean

[srih...@trinity ~]$ sudo wvdial aircelgprs
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.61
--> Cannot open /dev/rfcomm1: Device or resource busy
--> Cannot open /dev/rfcomm1: Device or resource busy
--> Cannot open /dev/rfcomm1: Device or resource busy
[srih...@trinity ~]$ ps -A|grep wvdial
 3281 pts/1    00:00:00 wvdial
[srih...@trinity ~]$ sudo kill -9 3281
[srih...@trinity ~]$ ps -A|grep wvdial
 3281 pts/1    00:00:00 wvdial
[srih...@trinity ~]$

I hope it is clear.I have pasted the full log here:-
http://pastebin.com/R8LfhiYkL
PEASE check it and let me know what is wrong.

> Regards,
> Rajiv

> For details visit the google group page:

Srihari K