On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 17:24 -0700, onesimpleman wrote:
> Try the solution here
> http://www.ubun2.com/question/273/windows_7_install_caused_grub_boot_menu_disappear_and_cant_launch_ubuntu

I think there is an important difference. What is described here is the
usual problem of grub boot menu disappearing when MS Windows is
installed. But the problem reported is, I think, different. What Raghu
Ram has reported is that he installed Ubuntu on his friend's laptop that
already had Windows and he could see the grub boot menu appear during
boot. But he found that grub disappeared after he booted into Windows.
This appears rather strange, as though MS Windows wiped out grub. I
guess, if that really happens, using a separate /boot partition should
solve the problem, though that means reinstalling Ubuntu. What causes
the problem is not very clear.

Best
Sasi

--