> See, Public goods like public software (FOSS) can be created by industry and
> public. But it will be good if public body initiate this process.
>                                   I am giving the most simplest logic of the
> world
> "Govt is buying software which are under close license that means 1 dept
> cannot share software with other department. Govt can invest same money in
> creating same software and Govt can release under sharable license."

Your logic is sound, but mechanism is not. For a Govt to purchase
anything, it goes through a specific *public* process of procurement.

Typically, Govt will call a tender for purchase of certain software.
Also typically, anyone is free to propose alternatives to the
committee instituted to examine all proposals. So, if you are
interested to provide some FLOSS solution, feel free to participate in
these tenders. Noone stops you, not even Govt.

But the fact is, most FLOSS fanatics do not participate in these
tenders instead calling for meaningless actions and making wild
statements. There are some people who do, and kudos to those.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian