>    Does anybody here have experience on installing/managing thin-clients
> (diskless nodes) to boot a big distro like RHEL or CentOS?

I dont have experience on this, but I have seen such an installation
and used it. Rajagiri engineering college has one such lab using SUN
thin clients & servers. I have installed couple of applications on the
server and got the students to run it from the clients. Probably CET
or another institute has such an environment locally?

Out of curiosity, why the requirement for thin clients? Nowadays, any
client can act as a thin client. For example, I use clients for VNC
server, Citrix server, SunGrid etc based on what the server side is
running. And my PC/laptop is always the physical client