On 17 September 2011 01:50, Visakh <gokulda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed. But I am now desperately looking for another solution. BSNL
> has not solved dozens of complaints about the stupid connection and
> now they are arrogantly neglecting the new ones. I am wondering if I
> should take them to consumer court. It is disheartening to see their
> contemptuous disregard for the rights of a customer who pays for their
> services. So for anyone who is thinking about their landline services,
> my advice would be to pretend that they don't exist.

In my experience, the private broadband providers are worst than BSNL.
Our company had really bad experience with Reliance and Tata Indicom
broadband and ultimately terminated the connections. The prime reason
is the opaqueness in billing and support staff's ignorance in
technical knowledge.

Whenever the connection went bad the support people always suggested
to restart Windows(Desktop), and our system administrators has to
explain in detail about the router(Vyatta) and the connection sharing
within the network. Subsequently, the issue is ignored by saying that
it's the problem with the *Open Source* stuff we are using.

When subscribing for the private broadband service, they will have
*Enterprise* and *Domestic* plans, but once we report an issue it is
always in the *Domestic* pool ans will not get it resolved.

Our experience with Tata Indicom was the worst. For 2 months we never
had connectivity, and reported the issue several times but they never
resolved it. During this period, the Modem was active and as soon as
we terminated the connection, they claimed that we were using the
connection showing as the report which had an average data transfer of
1MB per day. We have to spend another 2 months to settle the billing
issue after terminating the connection.

BSNL service is better in our area(Ernakulam), at least the
technicians will visit the office at least to verify the modem
indicators, others preferred telephone and prompted stupid steps.

regards
--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com