I think it is android 2.2, check whether there is an option in accounts and
sync to stop background data usage (It is there in 2.3, am not sure about
2.2).

In case you want to monitor data usage you can use Onavo Count (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onavo.android.onavoid).

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 18:52 +0530, yadhuram mc wrote:
> > Goto Settings->wireless n networks->mobile network
> > Here u will see packet data option....deactivate that....i.think that
> > will do solve your problem
> > Thank you :-)
>
> Thank you, Yadhuram. My phone is a Motorola MB525 model. I think,
> possibly they have modified Android. Anyway, I don't see a packet data
> option in my Mobile Network menu.
>
> My System version says: Moto_version.34.3601.1.MB525.Retail.en.ME2
>
> Have no idea what it means. But it looks like it is customised for
> Motorola, and specifically for this phone. So, possibly a lot of
> changes. Guess the only option is to uninstall all applications that can
> possibly use the Net, though I wouldn't want to do that if I could avoid
> it. Maybe, that means I will have to pay for it.
>
> Best,
> Sasi
> --
> V. Sasi Kumar
> Free Software Foundation of India
> http://swatantryam.blogspot.com

> For details visit the google group page:

(¨`·.·´¨) Always
  `·.¸.·´         jíکhńú

http://blog.thecodecracker.com
jish...@joindiaspora.com