I have moved away from google and I strongly recommend all of you to do the
same. It is mostly a psychological barrier. The features we miss can be added
to Free Software collectively, but loss of privacy can never be compensated.

1. I use duckduckgo.com for search
ixquick.com is another option

2. I never signed up for google plus (or twitter). I deleted Facebook account
and WhatsApp. I use diaspora, xmpp and kontalk

I'm part of the team that runs poddery.com and diasp.in (diaspora+xmpp)

Use conversations + kontalk for messaging. I hope to be able to make both of
them interoperable soon. Let me know if you want to help.

3. I moved to autistici.org for email. This was the hardest. You have options
of using many community run email services. disroot.org, openmailbox.org (also
provide many other services like xmpp and owncloud) or riseup.net

4. I use cloud.libreinfra.org for address book sync (its run by a group of
friends sharing a vps).

5. I flashedd my yu yuphoria phone and installed cyanogen mod without google
apps. No google play, I use only fdroid.

6. I use k9 mail + open keychain for gpg

On 2015, ഒക്‌ടോബർ 10 9:49:48 AM IST, surya veera <hindustani.in...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Any other email service provider? Protects our privacy? Search engine
>using duckduckgo

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free