Well,
I am also a teacher , handling CS for Higher Secondary,

Since Govt schools got SuSE linux, you have to introduce to the students about SuSE For the students , it is learning for the First Time, where us, we have started from DOS, Unix then GUI at Win 3.1 Win 98,....WinXp ,
So it is easy for the students to learn Linux as first timer.

Then , Our learning system makes us to teach "Based on Book Content" [ The actual teaching should not based on book content ]
So, here are my suggestions.

# For C and C++, use "gcc" compiler, along with editors [ just Google , you will get better understanding.] [ if you have any trouble, i will send you a simple presentation file, where you can catch it ]

# For Star Office, use OpenOffice.
# For Electroni Work Bench, use "Logisim"  [ search , download, install ]
# For HTML, use simple Editors
# For Windows XP , .......nothing to learn.

have a nice day
thiagu

sen kumar wrote:
Dear Friends,

I am a teacher in a government school in Viluppuram. We have received
computers with Linux installed as part of ELCOT initiative. We face many
problems in using the systems to teach our students.

Would be grateful, if anyone in Vilupuram area will visit our school and
help us start using the computers.

Best regards,

Ma Sivakumar