Dear Kapil

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Kapil Hari Paranjape <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2008, Kunchana Mathota Arachchi wrote:
> > I installed on of Debian Lenny early unstable release. when I tried to
> > upgrade it i got this error.
> >
> > E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on libc6
>
> This message is far from clear:
>  1. What do you mean by "Debian Lenny early unstable release"?
>    Debian lenny and Debian unstable are different releases.

what i mean is.. I downloaded this dvd long time back.. it is a old

>  2. Did the installation run to completion? If not where did you
>    get stuck?

my installation is successfull. no any errors

>  3. What do you mean by "try to upgrade"? Did you use
>        aptitude safe-upgrade
>        or
>        aptitude dist-upgrade

I did apt-get upgrade.

> > after lot of googling i tried to install libstdc++6. but i failed with
> lots
> > of unmet dependencies.
>
> Usually, running "apt-get -f install" will try to fix most errors
> using all the information that it can gather.

when i try with apt-get -f install, it gives the following error..
E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on libc6

You need to have a
> good network connection and a proper Debian mirror listed in
> /etc/apt/sources.list.

here is my sorces.list

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free