On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Ashok Gautham <thescriptde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I strongly believe that India is _the_nation_. I am not planning to do
> my PG in any other land. We have everything that one needs, and
> just lack takers. I am tugging along as many as I can to provide
> India with really inspired and dedicated PG students at the IITs and
> IIScs.

Not to start of an Anti Indian Higher education here. But there is a
lot more one can learn going out (if you can afford) like for e.g. How
people in other countries think and solve an issue, How different is
the education outside India, other cultures. I was like you. But
believe me it is a lot different experience outside. You learn a lot
more other than the general academia which is very very helpful. It
also helps in building global networks. With all these rich experience
and knowledge if one come backs to India and start implementing them
imagine how much effect it would have. I agree being patriotic. It is
more predominant when you return and start sharing your knowledge you
gained with the majority who can not get this experience due to
various reasons (mainly financial). Thats where I guess, one can show
gratitude to Home country.

Have fun!
Aanjhan