2009/5/29 Rahul Sundaram <sunda...@fedoraproject.org>

> It is explained why in
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_uninstall_Fedora
>
> Users have the freedom to choose what they would like install.

May be better clarified by the wiki itself
<quote>But Linux isn't everyone's cup of tea. Because we respect the freedom
to choose, even if that choice is for something other than freedom
itself, *this
page explains how to uninstall Fedora from your system*.
</quote>
Undoubtedly it's the users choice to keep or remove his desktop . I would
really love to see the same lines in RHEL which is for corporates who want
treatment for removing RHEL* or stuff like that .
How could fedora project justify wasting it's documentation time and space
writing for windows?
Fedora as a community should encourage and explain the need of GNU/Linux not
say that "Linux isn't everyone's cup of tea" .. why don't you use the lines
before installation in some disclaimer or fedora license agreement :P

> Sure, everybody could do with more documentation but it isn't instead of
> but both.

There is something called priority .. when I see a complete documentation
with step by step documentation .. I was curious .. was there such a
complete documentation for every package fedora ships ?

> Don't think so. Only recently did Moblin switch from a Ubuntu base to
> Fedora base citing RPM as a advantage. If you want to discuss specific
> issues, I would be interested.

Everyone in this LUG or any LUG knows how much Ubuntu has eaten the share of
RH based distro's . There might be many reasons package management ,single
cd working solution and  shipping cds for free .
I also appreciate fedora project fighting back by improving the fedora
ambassadors and marketting program by giving users individual pages/space
which IMHO was excellent .
Sorry didn't know about moblin . Why did they shift ?
With big bosses like Intel novel maybe they prefer it .
Anyways as far as I know Ubuntu rules the netbook market :P
I currently run Debian Lenny on EEE 901  . I
http://look-pavi.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-eee-901-on-debian-lenny.html
 am more than satisfied by the support from debian project . Thank you
debian :)
 Finally I would say is fedora is a great distro,the community is great but
have to improve and definitely should not focus on petty issues like
"uninstall to install windows "
Regards,
Pavithran

--