On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM, senthilraja P <technocr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/8/09, Arulalan T <tarula...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
>

> So, considering the immense support from this ILUGC group, i feel, you
> should be able to persuade your HOD to allow you.

I also faced similar situation for a mini-project , they gave me a list of
topic , all were quite old ideas like library management, reservation
system, etc, But  I was allowed to do project in FOSS. Not all the lecturer
may know about FOSS and stuff. but they should not think that students  are
trying to cheat them with project which they don't know to evaluate. My
lecturers encouraged me. but the external lecturer doubted me. I made a boot
loader which looks like  grub and my friend made LTSP. The external doubted
that both the projects are looking same. since I also used floppy disk to
load my boot loader. The claim was "You both put the floppy and computer
boots in Linux whats the difference?". The time given for explanation was
not enough for us to explain the difference anyway i managed finally. so the
students have to show their interest and their activeness to promote FOSS in
their respective college, in their beginning semester,  at least HODs and
lecturers will know your interest first and will be supportive in these kind
of situations.

Bye,
Krishna.