Dear All,

I am developing a plugin for firefox browser. I need to access the hardware plugged in the client system. I have a plan to user XPCOM to interact between the browser and my hardware. I have achived this in Windows using the ActiveX technology. I have give how i have done this in Windows below

In Windows. I have created a activex dll which will be registered in the client's computer. Whenever the user go to my web application page, in the button click event i will create object for my activex component and i will call a function in the dll. I used VS 6.0 for development. Inside that function i have created a dialogbox and show that dialog box to the user. It is a modal dialog box. The Internet Explorer will be the parent window for my dialog. To get the Internet Explorer window handle, i used GetForegroundWindow() function avaible in the Win32 API. Once i get the IE' window handle, i will set this handle as my parent window of my dialogbox. Now I need to achive this in Linux.

In Linux :

XPCOM is the equivalent for the ActiveX. I am able to create a .so file using XULRunner SDK and able to call the function via firefox browser. I have created a small function which will return a string to the calling function. Every thing is working fine. Now the next step is, I need to create a dailogbox inside my function, and need to show my dialogbox as a modal window of the firefox browser. To create dialogbox i am using the KDevelop IDE. Is there any function like GetForegroundWindow like in Win32API for Linux? Hope now you understand my problem.

In linux i am using wxWidgets to develop the dialog box. But when i create dialogbox object, my brower is terminated. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Sundaram. D