On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM, steve <st...@lonetwin.net> wrote:

> I'm not quite sure what you are trying to imply here. It is the NICs
> responsibility to, among other things, present the government's websites
> with which they have been entrusted in a manner that "...not only brands an
> organization (ie: it's clients -- the Indian government) as one 'keeping
> pace with the changing times' but also acts as its reflection before the
> entire world." (from
> http://indiaimage.nic.in/services.html#Web_design_development)

Read this on that page: "We also support state of.the-art web
technologies on our servers right from CGI, Perl, ASP, PHP, Front Page
Extensions, JSP, JAVA etc. Our capabilities include supporting a
variety of databases including MS SQL, MS Access, MySQL etc."

Seriously, is frontpage state of the art? And would anyone use MS
Access for a web site? I wouldn't recommend it to my enemy! Not that I
have enemies, though. CGI is also pretty dated IMHO. It's good, but
the load is quite unsustainable.

--
Salva