hi,
I was using the translation memory of poedit to pull in all the Tamil
translations available in my system for automatic translation. The results are
horrifying. It is not just a problem of using high flown words - most of the
translations are completely wrong. People have been translating without the
faintest understanding of the english meaning. Simple things like translating
adjectives as nouns or verbs as nouns and in many cases total nonsense. The
goal seems to be 'how many strings can I do' to get karma or something like
that. I now understand the magnitude of the task of doing kde - over 1 lakh
strings, not only finishing it, but also rectifying most of them. It is
certainly no joke, and we must activate groups who are willing to do this.
Translation is not easy - it is hard and painstaking work, but very rewarding
when the right words are found. And we need a lot of people to do this.

--
regards
kg