sir,

suggestion : for wooing new people for FOSS.

1. keep some old computers - with low RAM & HDD requirements - and install
good distros like Ubuntu etc. to show people that they can install even on
old PCs.

2. To show them how to install a linux distro in a PC (including dual
booting) - step by step (if possible in printed format)

3. show them open office - 3.1 - instead of Office

4. show them how to use yahoo messenger (gYachi) and Skype - in FOSS
software.

5. also show them the CDAC's eduBoss - particularly the one too make
multiple choice questions - preparation (mainly for teachers, tutors,etc)

6. to show them the full connectivity incl. webcam (I use 9.10 - it works
just out of the box in my laptop)

7. show them wifi (through a OLD laptop)

8. Printed sheet - having a lot of contacts, numbers, names, - who they can
call for assistance (we can later make them as volunteers who will help
other people, after using FOSS).

9. keep around 20 to 30 OLD PCs with FOSS software - for anyone to test, and
use internet etc.

hope you all dont laugh at these.

with warm regards

s.sivakumar