On Tuesday 29 Dec 2009 12:03:00 pm Ramesh wrote:
> He is a lead developer - so he can certainly pass judgement on an RHCE
certification.

Says who, probably just you.

> 2.) If he is a long time member of ILUGC he can get away with it
> that was not what I meant - I meant that since he is a long time member,
> everyone knows his qualifications

So you mean to say everyone on this list know's qualifications of all long
term members and active posters, this statement can get pretty downhill from
here, I hope you know this.

> Frankly, this reeks of bias, I am a member of this group for a long time
as
> well, so does that give me the right to judge what other plp, off course I
> don't work in centos just use it sometime.
>

>I am surprised that being a long time member of this group you are still
top posting.

As a ILUGC mailing list member, I complain about a poster to you as a
moderator, and you come back and say 'hey! your no good as well' implying
that 'long term' members and plp who are active can get away with stuff
while a member who lurks and posts rarely should just get on.

>And of course it is biased. Open source/FOSS is not a democracy - one
>gives more weight to opinions of persons depending on their experience and
skills.

Is this open source/FOSS software we are discussing about, this is about a
OP asking for specific technical  help/info on a subject matter (cloud
computing), and another 'long time member' OP doubting his certification
skills prima facie.

--
regards
kg