On Wednesday 02 June 2010 07:11:14 Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > just curious, has FSF issued any fatwa to call the new OSs as GNU/Android
> > and  GNU/Chrome?
>
> The answer would be: not to the best of my knowledge.
>
> I'm sorry for posting this link at all. I actually thought several
> times if someone would raise an objection about this, but then guessed
> that it has at least some relevance and interest to the list.

the link has relevance and interest to the list - it has been posted by many
people on most of the LUG lists in the country. What I took exception to is
the idea that by constantly renaming things, one can change their nature. Let
us face facts - the GNU project did not write the linux kernel, and no amount
of name changing is going to change that fact.

--
regards
kg