On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> sorry, you got it wrong. open source software is truly free. So called
> free software under GPL is restrictive of freedom

you say this because GPLed software is "not free to make it
proprietary" right? I'm sorry. I don't want to place my software in near
public domain where people can do whatever they wished.

When India was said to have attained freedom, nobody meant that there was no
laws governing us and we can do whatever we wanted.
we got freedom of expression, religion, voting, blah blah, but at the same
time we had lot of duties too. That is what is called freedom.
Rights without duties, freedom without morality is not desirable. That is
not true freedom at all. That will lead to anarchy.

*We expect people who benefit from free knowledge to contribute back to it.*
--
*அகிலன்* (Akilan R)
(http://www.coding-aviator.blogspot.com)