> The OP is querying specific brand/model that are *known* to work from
> Linux user experience.

I recently did quite some research and ended up buying samsung CLP 300 series -
specifically Samsung CLP 315. This is a pure printer i.e. no
scanning/fax/telephone.

Most Samsung devices have Linux drivers and are downloadable from their site -
samsung.com/in

I also researched other printers - HP, Canon, Brother...but Samsung is a pretty
strong brand with a clear Linux driver policy and I just went with it.

My only regret is that I did not buy the wifi enabled model :-)

kc
K. C. Ramakrishna
www.rknowsys.com