Hi,

I am replying like a new thread because for some reason mails are not
getting delivered to my inbox and I cannot login to play around with the
settings. I am still figuring out the problem. Anyway, lets set that aside
and thanks to all for replying.

As Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay said, there exists Glib. But it does not target
at STL like functionality directly. It deals with stacks, queues, dequeues,
singly and doubly linked lists, arrays, binary trees, n-array trees,
sequences and a few other data structures only. However, it lacks the
support for graphs, hash tables and several algorithms that exist like
searching, sorting, traversing etc. Also, Glib sounds kinda complex to me
personally and this project idea could benefit people like me as I will try
to create easily usable library functions.

As Girish suggested, STL is a C++ thing and not a C thing. I agree totally.
But in cases when you need to demo the algorithm in class as a teacher or
use these data structure operations in quick prototyping of an algorithm or
software you are developing, I think my proposed idea serves well. What say?
Thanks for the other ideas too.

Warm Regards,
Harish.R.

http://blogofharish.wordpress.com

Don't design your character as a garden where everyone can walk
Design it as the sky where everyone will aspire to reach