On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 15:24 +0530, Manokaran K wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves
> <law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:
>

> > I am happy with BSNL 3G - only problem is in some III tier cities
> where
> > 3G is not available, I have not been able to configure the 2G option
> in
> > fedora - but I hear it works in some other distros.
> >

> Would be nice to know the avg download speed. And the cost.

faster than my BSNL broadband connection (which is supposed to be
2mbps). I have no idea how to measure the speed - if any one can tell me
what tests to use, I will carry them out and report. It cost me 2900 for
connection and modem and some prepaid balance. The local guys have no
idea about billing and how to pay, so I have no idea about the running
cost. I have been using it for 2 months now, and no one has asked me for
money yet! I often use both the broadband connection and the 3G at the
same time to get additional speed (and to overcome BSNL's habit of
suddenly turning their DNS off)
--
regards
KG