On 01/31/2011 05:27 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:58 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> This is because others can and will fork BSD code and keep them
>> proprietary and this business model won't work  c.f.  NetBSD
> what happened to netbsd? as far as I can see it is still alive and
> kicking. So what is the problem?

Alive, yes.  Kicking,  not really.  They had a big problem not too long
ago where the organizations working with NetBSD were doing proprietary
forks without channelling those changes back and essentially stalling
the development almost entirely.   This mail was from one of the
founders of NetBSD btw.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2006/08/30/0016.html

Rahul