On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 19:04 +0530, Natarajan V wrote:
> > If you are really serious about what you said in your email, be the
> > example. Study DSP and Fourier transforms, and start writing code, and
> > not just heated words.
>
> you are talking to a guy who uses gimp in a professional publishing
> environment - so where does that leave your argument?

So, as a professional publishing person, if he can't learn DSP, Fourier
transforms and do coding, how would he contribute to the GIMP project? By
writing documentation, tutorials, translation to his mother tongue, etc.
It's too simple to just evangelize. Also it would help not to "demand"
features, requesting them will be better. The brilliant coders behind
project will not want to be treated that way :). To over all help other
publishers help understand using GIMP better, he can also release original
XCF (gimp native format) documents they make in their company as open
source??

BTW, I wonder what's the use of open source (read as software source code)
to a person who does not understand programming? This question is
without prejudice and would like to know from this list... Of course
somebody can hire a programmer to re write portions of GIMP the way they
like it, but it should be released back as GPL right?

Arun