On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshriniva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Kadambari, Kenneth and Arun Khan,

You are welcome.

> sometimes, it requires a lot of patience and time to educate people.
> Will be nice, if we all do the same detailed explanation while people
> do mistakes like topposting, asking unrelated questions, replying to thread
> etc.
>
> Instead of rude one line threats, these kind words will help the
> people to understand the mistakes and rectify themselves.

The style of your asking had the right attitude (i.e. want to learn)
and you got the positive feedback and suggestions.

> I received some positive feedbacks on this thread from friends, who
> were telling like "ILUGC should be more new users friendly".

This is not just ILUG-Chennai specific.   If you ask the questions
with a positive attitude you get answers.   On the flip side, people
who ask for "step by step" on basic things (for which there are
umpteen articles/tutorials)  and expect hand holding without any
effort on their part - that is bad attitude IMO.  Linux mailing lists
is not the place for them IMO.

-- Arun Khan