The problem here is also the net speed, the lab will be in a very remote
location in a rural area, with limited speed.
Cant I manage with a single network card? I dunno the hardware specs for the
lab as well. I am going there this weekend for setting up lab.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Raja Subramanian <rajasuper...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Arun Khan <knu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Having been involved in training, I used to feel the same way until I
> > realized that some of the students are more interested in surfing than
> > learning; not doing the exercises etc. and then later claiming they do
> > not follow the class.   Blocking Internet access was the the solution.
>
> Making students accountable for their browsing is generally sufficient
> to stop misappropriation.
>
> Setup Squid with access logging enabled.  You can inform the students
> that web access permitted but is logged, and they will be held accountable
> for their actions.  Just the idea that web access is monitored will make
> most students use the web carefully.
>
> - Raja

Rahimanuddin Shaik
నాని
॥రామానుజార్య దివ్యాజ్ఞాం వర్ధతామభివర్ధతాం॥