Dear luggies

On behalf of ILUGC three sessions were done in this week.

1.16 Mar 2011: College: Karpagavinayaka College of Engg and Tech, Mamandur near
Chengalpattu. It was for ME students (about 38). The session covered basics of
perl. It was hands on.

Faculty members Mr.Sivaraman and Mr.Anandan were instrumental in organising
this workshop.

2. 18 Mar 2011: GKM College of Engg, Perungalathur near Tambaram. It was an
introductory session on FOSS covering philosophy, installation, common software
and introduction to perl.  About 60 students of 3rd year and 4th year CSE
attended.
Faculty member Mr.Manickam was instrumental in organizing this.

3.19 Mar 2011: Adhiparasakthi College of Engg, Kalavai, Vellore dist.
It was an introductory session covering introduction, common software, python
programming and FOSS projects. The python and common software session was
hands-on. The python session was handled by Selvamani and common software
handled by Praveen.

Faculty member Ms.Kavitha was instrumental in organizing this.

On behalf of ILUGC I thank the College Managements for the opportunity.

There are opportunities galore - especially with forthcoming foss lab paper.
ILUGC needs lot of PHYSICAL volunteers. Whoever, is willing please mail Shrini.
In my opinion we  need atleast a 25 members.

Raman.P
blog:http://ramanchennai.wordpress.com/