On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Hameed <shaahulham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends
>
>  I would like to know which of these frameworks - RoR or Drupal - should be
> chosen for developing a new website.
>
>  The website should support the following.
>
>   - A system for
>   - requests to be created by customers,
>      - which get automatically assigned to engineers
>      - request gets resolved by the assigned engineer
>      - customer closes the request with a rating
>      - Excellent Database support
>      - both customers and engineers must be able to register / login to see
>      the status of their requests.
>      - Automatic emails on request status
>      - Generating Reports must be easy.
>

>   - 'Social' from the ground up.
>

>   - Easy Payment Gateway Integration
>

>   - 100,000+ Hits a day
>

>   - support for Great UI. More importantly, Changes to the UI must be very
>   easy.

Looks like it is a CRM software that you guys want to build. Have you
considered off-the-shelf CRM solutions?
Nothing stops you from building everything from scratch though, if
you've a justified pros and cons that favor reinventing the wheel.

There is no silver bullet in the choice of web frameworks. The factors
that you should consider are
a. do I have developers with the right experience.
b. will my customers spend X amount of money on hardware/software.
c. does the framework lets me write clean, testable code without
getting in my way.

Here's a list of frameworks that support MVC model really well and
lets you do TDD & have good test coverage:
Play, Spring MVC, ASP.Net MVC (its open sourced and you can deploy the
website in linux-apache-mysql-mono stack), Struts 2, Rails 3, Django,
Grails. (And the list is huge, I've listed only the 'popular' ones)