>On 29 May 2011 06:38, Binand Sethumadhavan <bin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd say none of the above - you should go with an existing software. I
> can wholeheartedly recommend RT - http://bestpractical.com/rt.

>On 28 May 2011 23:21, Shamit Verma <subs.linux....@vshamit.com> wrote:
> What you need isa "ticketing system" a.k.a. "Help-desk system". There
> are plenty of open source systems.  details :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issue_tracking_system
>
> Few open source systems:
>
> 1. http://osticket.com/
> 2. List of other systems :
> http://www.opensourcehunter.com/2010/03/12/9-free-open-source-ticket-sytems/

Thanks a lot for suggesting Issue Tracking / Request Tracking Systems.

That's exactly what I need which would be at the core of the website.
So that would be one part of the solution I am looking for.

As I mentioned in my first mail, these are my requirements:

On 28 May 2011 17:47, Hameed <shaahulham...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   The website should support the following.
>
> A system for
>
> requests to be created by customers,
> which get automatically assigned to engineers
> request gets resolved by the assigned engineer
> customer closes the request with a rating
> Excellent Database support
> both customers and engineers must be able to register / login to see the
> status of their requests.
> Automatic emails on request status
> Generating Reports must be easy.
>
> 'Social' from the ground up.
>
> Easy Payment Gateway Integration
>
> 100,000+ Hits a day
>
> support for Great UI. More importantly, Changes to the UI must be very easy.

What I am also looking for is the "web development framework" that
would best support such ticketing systems in addition to other points
mentioned above - so that the website development and maintenance
become easy.

I am looking for a sturdy long-term solution. Based on the frameworks
/ technologies you suggest, I would be off-loading the complete
website development to a company with the required expertise.

Thanks.