> What I meant here is: Nobody (children) would dream of playing games in a
> Linux system and would surely try to get their systems Game Compatible
> (Windows). Anyways, even if the govt adopts Linux, Will the children who use
> it?

The Government of Kerala had moved to GNU/Linux based IT curriculum in
all public schools quite a while back (5-6 years I think). So
government schools across Kerala uses GNU/Linux as the platform for IT
education. I think this transition has been rather smooth and well
implemented.

Now very recently I came across a CBSE class 9 IT text book and saw
that 2/3 of the content in the text book was openoffice and GNU/Linux
OS. Not sure if this was a decision by the school authorities or
whether this was a national roll out.

Given these I definitely think that it should be possible to have a
state level roll out of GNU/Linux based laptops to students especially
given the possibility that it would be the first opportunity for a
large number of these students to be owning/using a computer. So if
they start using GNU/Linux I would think they would naturally become
comfortable with that (and the games available there, also don't
forget Fedora games spin).

Cheers
Anoop

|--
| Zyxware Technologies
| http://www.zyxware.com
|--
| Be the change you wish to see in the world, M. K. Gandhi
|--